In this forum, we generally assume good intentions and positive attitudes among its users. In order to maintain a friendly environment and a constructive-minded community, we put together a couple of guidelines that should help each and every one in keeping this spirit alive.
- Read the forum’s guidelines before posting for the first time.
- Participate in an authentic and active way. In doing so, you contribute to the health and longevity of this community.
- Exercise consideration and respect in your speech and actions.
- Attempt collaboration before conflict.
- Refrain from demeaning, discriminatory, or harassing behavior and speech.
- Unacceptable behaviors include: Intimidating, harassing, abusive, discriminatory, derogatory or demeaning speech or actions by any participant of our community.
- Harassment includes: Harmful or prejudicial verbal or written comments related to gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, or disability.
- Insulting and flaming or personal attacks against forum staff will be not tolerated.
- Search other posts to see if your topic is already covered.
- Use a meaningful title and category for your topic.
- Do not use words like “urgent” or “important” in your subject line, be patient.
- Do not use all caps or SHOUT in your posts. In addition, one exclamation point is enough.
- Do not “bump” a topic (post simply to get a topic to the top of the list).
- Stay on topic.
- When replying to a post, do not quote more from the previous post than you have to.
- Do not post new problems on someone else’s topic and interrupt a subject of discussion.
- Do not use someone else’s topic for a private conversation.
- Do not post any information that you want private. Posts should not contain personal, identifiable information or content embarrassing to others.
- Personal differences should be handled through email or PM and not through posts displayed to everyone.
- Do not post content that violates a copyright.
- Do not submit a post that requires readers to download a large attachment. Either explain the attachment or, better yet, provide a link to the information.
- Please do not spam. The definition of spam is an irrelevant or advertising post. Any post considered spam will be removed.
- Ignore spammers or report them.
- Do not post empty or useless responses, such as just “lol” or “cool”. Only post responses when you have something to contribute.
- Act in a give and take manner. Help others as often as or more than you ask for help.
- Do not chastise newbies.
Note: If you see someone breaking a rule or behaving in a questionable manner on this forum, alert a moderator or an administrator by clicking the flag button at the bottom of each post.
Once you’ve pressed the flag button you are provided with further options to decide how you want to report the post or whether to solve the issue you have with the post author directly.
What happens if I violate a rule?
We will assume good faith when dealing with violations. We will only warn or ban users who repeatedly or blatantly violate the rules. Moderators and administrators have the final say in modifying, interpreting, and enforcing these rules.
Depending on the severity of the infraction, a different course of action may be taken, but the usual practice is as follows:
- 1st violation: A PM will be sent, no further action taken. For a more serious offence, a warning will be issued.
- 2nd violation: Another warning.
- 3rd violation: On your third warning, you will receive a temporary ban, the length of which will depend on the severity of the incident.
- Further violations: After this, it will be assumed you will not learn your lesson. You will receive a permanent ban, meaning you will never be able to visit this forum again.
If you have any questions regarding the rules, feel free to PM a moderator or an administrator, who will be able to clear things up for you.