Custom waves

And don’t forget the Hard/Softcore apps by Ess as mentioned by Defender above. I had a play with these yesterday. Good stuff.

Good hint on user SCW to convert the SynthTech waves to 4096… :slight_smile:

1 Like

thanks for this kind tips. realy great it works all like above. the only thing is. i cant find the .ws6 extention ina audacity. i store it like above but ther is no .ws6. i stored it as w64 and rename it, does this work ?
thanks

1 Like

Yes, .ws6 is a proprietary UDO format extension, but it’s really just the type of PCM .wav they describe, so you just need to manually save it as .ws6 or rename it.

I just imported my first custom waveform, it wasn’t too hard, just some messing about in Audacity. I sampled an organ waveform from my Nord Wave. The unprocessed wave sounds good in the Super 6, but turn up the Super fader, holy crap, add a foot controller to control the Super fader and you’re in organ heaven. I hardly ever use an organ sound, but this is so killer, I might have to find a place for it. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Your link is broken. Changing file name extension does not work either. Clarifications please?

Hi Udoboe, where is the broken link ?

Squarespace - Website Expired (floats.se)

Anyone doing this on an M1 Mac? Not having any luck. Taking a sample, into sheetofsound app, converting to 4096, exporting and dropping into audacity. Cutting the length (compared to a stock ws1_.ws6 wave). Then exporting as signed 16 bit, raw (headerless), other uncompressed. It shows on my desktop as .raw, regardless of how I name it in audacity. Renaming in the finder, the icon still says raw, uploading to synth - nothing. Used the command/i function in the finder and changed file name there, now the icon looks like the stock files and the name is good. Import and still nothing.
Any thoughts?
Is 16 bit 44khz ok? Or does the sample rate need to be higher?

2 Likes

If it has no header, there is no sample rate.
The sample rate of a wave is nothing else than an entry in the header, telling the software (or any other using device) how fast to play the samples of that wave.
The WS6 file has no header, so it can not have any sample rate! It’s raw data, nothing else.

If the Super6 does not take the waveform file, there can be two problems:

• wrong file name
  • wrong file size

I’m not sure if the Super6 checks on import, if the cutoff rule (see https://udo-audio.zendesk.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360017735020-I-d-like-to-create-my-own-alternative-waveforms-What-is-the-user-waveform-format- ) is violated.
If it does, than this (bad or not lowpass filtered) or wrong byte order (!) might be another reason why the wave is not usable.

A comment regarding byte order:
The required byte order “little endian” is not mentioned in the FAQ
This might be because this is the default in most systems, but Audacity allows the unusual “big endian” too and using the right byte order “little endian” is absolutely essential!

Thank you. Big endian was it. Now I’m rolling.

Hi, do you happen to have the .exe file for that hardcore app? I had previously installed the Softcore and Hardcore versions and need to reinstall on a new computer, but the website is gone.

I used that app for some awesome digital waves

Edit: Nevermind! Used the wayback machine and found a dropbox link!

1 Like