Firmware update hanging HELP! :)

Ok, I’ve just purchased a used Super 6 desktop from eBay, and everything seemed great when it arrived. The first thing I did was to check the firmware and noticed that it needed to be updated to xos_v0.53.

On mounting the boot drive, I noticed that the boot drive SUPER6-BOOT was connecting then disconnecting, and kept repeating this process - I just could not get the unit to say mounted. I then tried a few different cables, to which the drive then seemed to mount ok. To give some context, I have never had any issues with any other USB device on my ports, and I have a lot of units/devices plugged in.

I was then in the process of copying over the latest firmware then the drive disconnected and gave me an error. I can get the drive to mount but I now can’t seem to copy the firmware over and the process is just hanging, followed by a few errors (Error code -36). I’ve followed all the instructions (including making sure the trash is emptied), and checked the forum (and internet) and I’m not sure where to go with this next.

I’ve not even got to the stage of giving feedback to the seller, and I’m reluctant to try and return the unit, if this is an easy fix. If others have experienced similar issues it would be great to see if you sorted this.

Any help would be appreciated.

Screenshot 2023-08-08 at 20.21.36
Screenshot 2023-08-08 at 20.10.45
Screenshot 2023-08-08 at 19.58.14

So I’ve manage to get this to update. I tried 6 different USB leads - maybe the USB port needs looking at?