Making patch changes load faster

I’ve noticed that when you change the patch, it takes a while for it to take effect, both when doing it via the onboard buttons and via program change. Now, waiting for half a second (or whatever it takes) is no real problem when playing the synth casually. However, I would like to control the Super 6 from my Syntakt, changing patches on the fly both within and between different patterns. When doing this, it’s crucial that the synth responds instantly.

I owned a Novation Peak for a while, and there it was possible to change patches instantly, meaning I could use different patches for each step in the sequencer without any artifacts, silences, or hiccups.

I don’t know if it’s possible to make the Super 6 respond even faster. Maybe there’s some limitation in the hardware/software, but I thought that I at least should bring this up. As of now, I will have to stick to a single patch for my whole song, or strategically put down triggers in a way that gives the synth enough time to load a new patch.

2 Likes

Me too … I would like to have a much faster patchchange. All my other synths are changing immediately. For live playing, this patch slomo is anoying.
Maybe someone of the UDO team can tell us why it is so and can’t be changed until now. thank you.

2 Likes

I’m having the same issue (which is indeed quite a serious issue when playing live), and can’t find any explanation for this behaviour anywhere on the forum.

Even if this is an issue which couldn’t be resolved in a firmware update, it would be useful to know which parts of the signal chain are responding slower. It seems to me that some patch changes are ‘completed’ quicker than others, but I can’t discern what might cause this difference.

2 Likes

Been loving the super 6 with my Elektron Octatrack DAWless setup…until I want to transition to a new pattern/part with a new sound on the Super 6. The response to program changes is quite slow - like many sequencer steps long. All of my other synths respond perfectly to program changes immediately and are able to switch patches quick enough to be ready for the downbeat of a new pattern.

This feels like a crucially important bug fix to someone using the Desktop super 6 with external sequencer!

1 Like