Permanent beta?

I’m a new user. I received the Super 6 Desktop last Wednesday, and I’m starting to be discouraged by what I see when it comes to bugs and how they aren’t addressed (not even as announcement that they’re being worked on). As it stands right now, I’m probably going to return the synth before my 30 day trial period is up.

For example, there’s problems (acknowledged by the developers) with modulating the VCA gain, and this hasn’t been fixed in over half a year. Furthermore, the expected MPE behavior, as stated in the manual, does not work, again something that hasn’t been addressed in over half a year. (I know that it might be a bit more complicated, with the manual simply stating future behavior that hasn’t been implemented yet, but if something is in the manual and it doesn’t work, I’m going to count it as a bug. You can’t expect the end user to browse online forums to find out via second hand information what in the manual just are wishes rather than actual implemented behavior.)

On a side note, I really think that patches need to change instantly. Granted, this is not a bug, just something that I would expect to be the case for a synth to work in my setup.

Since the firmware isn’t open sourced, there’s nothing I can do about this rather than wait, and since I don’t see any strong, comforting statements by the developer team anywhere (remember, I’m a new buyer so I don’t know the history), I don’t feel confident that they ever will be fixed. Again, the team might be the greatest, most competent guys ever who works on these things constantly, but to me, they’re more like Schrödinger’s developers.

In my opinion, it doesn’t look very good/professional, and I share OP’s concerns. At the same time, I would love for my concerns to be unfounded and for the synth to turn into the absolute dream synth that it has the potential to be :heart:

4 Likes