Note number as mod source

I saw this come up within another post but I don’t think it has its own thread–

It would be great to be able to use note number as a mod source-- like filter keyboard tracking, but assignable to any parameter. I could imagine it being done by pressing any key of the keyboard after the Mod Assign button.

2 Likes

Second this. Doesn’t the desktop version have it? The keyboard one should definitely get it as well

The desktop has it in place of bend(-). It’s a more sensible choice in hindsight! I’m pondering a “configuration” text file to sit on the boot disk to allow some customisations. This is a good candidate for one of them

8 Likes

Please do this and additionally let us adjust the smoothing and mod limit range in it if possible!

3 Likes

Still want this feature from the Desktop for the Keyboard unit. @udo-audio would you guys consider repurposing the “Bend -” for the “Note” mod source? or maybe pressing a key on the keyboard?

Hi @ZaneAlexander thanks for your input on this. Would a file on disk do you think or a button held at startup be more appropriate for the customisation? Curious what people think. My feeling is a disk file has better visibility, but a button combo is easier to use (reset global settings would revert to default)

Thank you for the response.

Personally, I’d be okay with a file since all the parameters wouldn’t have to be memorized and there is less chance to mess something up while trying to remember any button combos at startup. Others may disagree. Perhaps a poll should be done on this.

I am all for the option of customization either way.

2 Likes

Hi, just checking in to say that I’d also love this feature for the keyboard model, and I really like the text file configuration option: it’s just more flexible and powerful, and leverages the excellent way the Super 6 handles PC communication.

Such file could also be used for something like microtuning, if it comes as a feature in the future.

1 Like

Just to chime in and say I would also love this feature on the Keyboard S6.

Having Note (and if possible Voice number) as mod sources would be great on the Keyboard model… I’d happily sacrifice the negative P-Bend source!

I asked about this on Lines forum (there is a Super 6 thread there)… and someone mentioned Mod Source 8… which caused me a lot of bafflement until I looked at the Desktop model :grinning:

2 Likes

I wonder, as I have shared some patches here that I have made with my S6 desktop, that utilises note mod source on stuff like LFO speed. Do these patches work differently on the keyboard version?

1 Like