Notes stuck when recieving MIDI information?

Hey Guys,

Has anyone experienced notes getting stuck when receiving MIDI data from a daw? I can’t seem to get past five minutes without notes ringing out uncontrollably and not being able to stop it without powering off the S6?

This is probably a bug that will hopefully be addressed in the coming firmware update but does anyone have a workaround for the time being?

Haven’t noticed it when sequencing from my daw, but I have a similar issue when playing the s6. Strangely, I cycle the sequencer and it fixes it momentarily. This should be fixed in the coming firmware update, as George mentioned an “overhaul of how the voices are being handled”.

Yup I get it in Cubase, but not in Live. Which DAW do you use?
Overlapping midi notes cause notes to be left hanging, until they eventually just give up entirely, and you have to power cycle or send the corresponding note off messages.

I have a workaround where I sent additional note offs to my super 6 to compensate for this through my blokas midihub.

If you search the forum you’ll see a more detailed response from me about this in other similar topics.

UDO told me they’d get Cubase to reproduce it when I reported it early this year.

Do us a favor and please send in a bug report to UDO though just so they know more people have the issue.

Okay, that’s great, I will seek out your previous post and also shoot over a bug report.

Btw, I am using Ableton live 11.

Yeh the hanging notes thing is a constant problem in Reaper too.

You can also clear hanging notes with an all notes off message - my motu midi express xt has this, but it’s on the other side of the studio and is getting very annoying.

The only “workaround” for me is to try to remember to hit stop before moving the song pointer to a new location.

i also occasionally have notes get stuck, always seems to be when sending MIDI data from Live. some times if i change the patch it cuts it off, sometimes it cuts it off just to hang again and i have to reboot the S6.

new loot, problems arise. by the love and care that went into the design, i’m sure it will be fixed in an update.

i think at SuperBooth they announced an imminent update with the desktop announcement?

has there been any update on this? in the middle of a project that requires super long generative passages and i cant get past 3 minutes without stuck notes. having a nightmare with bugs in general with this synth. sounds incredible but super buggy

My beautiful Super 6 definitely hates Bitwig. It’s basically one or the other. Hanging notes aren’t the problem, the keyboard actually crashes.

Might be worth capturing some of the data that causes this (in MIDI Ox or similar) and forwarding to support.

I had this problem and was able to fix it. I am using Abelton 11, Tascam 12 audio interface & launchkey midi controller.

I doubled up my midi controller connection. I had a usb connection to my computer but also a midi cable connection to the Tascam 12. You don’t need to do this. The Tascam, when it is in DAW mode, can pick up your midi signals from the midi controller usb connection.

When I removed the midi cable connection from my midi controller to the Tascam, everything worked great and the notes hanging on the Super 6 stopped.

–Matt

I experienced the same problem when sequencing with the Beatstep Pro… Have to power off the synth to reset any MIDI datas.