Patch numbering on Super 6

I’ve read the manual, but can’t find anywhere the mapping from Super 6 “bank and patch number” to program numbers. Could someone point me in the right direction?

To give a concrete example: Let’s say I want to use Bank B2 (“B” light is flashing), Patch 5. What program number do I send to call up that patch from my sequencer?

I’ve tried everything I can think of but can’t seem to get it – this does not appear to be documented in the manual, maybe because it’s obvious to all except me? :wink: If there is a combination of bank + program messages that need to be sent, I still have the same question (is B2 “bank 4” in that case?)

With the release of firmware version 0.27 we’ve simplified the program change behaviour via MIDI messages. Bank select messages are no longer required to access the full memory of the instrument (128 patches). Instead, the Super 6 uses Program Change messages (0-127) only.

For proper operation, the Super 6 must be set to receive program changes using the global settings: Press the SHIFT button, then the button labelled TX/RX P and ensure that option 2 is activated (LED of patch select button 2 solidly lit).

Patches are numbered sequentially from 0-127:

Bank A1, patch 1-8 = Program Change message 0-7
Bank B1, patch 1-8 = Program Change message 8-15
Bank C1, patch 1-8 = Program Change message 16-23
Bank D1, patch 1-8 = Program Change message 24-31
Bank E1, patch 1-8 = Program Change message 32-39
Bank F1, patch 1-8 = Program Change message 40-47
Bank G1, patch 1-8 = Program Change message 48-55
Bank H1, patch 1-8 = Program Change message 56-63

Bank A2, patch 1-8 = Program Change message 64-71
Bank B2, patch 1-8 = Program Change message 72-79
Bank C2, patch 1-8 = Program Change message 80-87
Bank D2, patch 1-8 = Program Change message 88-95
Bank E2, patch 1-8 = Program Change message 96-103
Bank F2, patch 1-8 = Program Change message 104-111
Bank G2, patch 1-8 = Program Change message 112-119
Bank H2, patch 1-8 = Program Change message 120-127

So patch number 5 of bank B2 would correspond to Program Change message 76.

Please note that the currently selected bank will not change after a Program Change message was received. As a result you may not see a lit patch select button LED if the current patch is located in a bank that differs from the one that was last selected via the Super 6’s front panel controls. This behaviour is due to be changed.

7 Likes

Exactly the info I needed. Thank you!!

1 Like