Automate Patch Change in Ableton

Hi Dear Community

Loving my UDO anmd trying to build my Hybrid Setup.

In my new song I have two parts with the UDO. Each part is in Midi but required a different Patch.
Is there a way to send a programm change / patch change command so the UDO switches to a certain patch when it hits a point in the automation.

Thx for your help!

You have to send a BANK MSB 0-15 to select the bank (0-7 = factory banks A-H, 8-15 = user banks A-H) and than an PROGRAM CHANGE 0-7 to selct the patch.
Works fine from my Akai MPC.

To me this is not really clever because all the 128 patches could have been selectable with one PROGRAMM CHANGE, but thats the way it is.
And i noticed stability issues with MIDI programm changes. Sometimes the Super6 hangs completely.

Hi MOOGelPackung

Thank you for answering.
I just didn’t get that part.
Agree with you with the 128 PROGRAMM CHANGE in one - but thats the way it is.

I’ve also seen stability issues with the manipulating the Udo too much with Midi from Ableton.

Hope this will get more stable with the next updates.

Thx again!

I have been trying to wrap my head around this and I simply cannot get my Octatrack to send a bank change message. It will load the first 8 patches in Bank A fine but my Super 6 does not respond to a bank message at all. I also tried CC 0 (Bank change) with no results. Any ideas or should I forward this as a bug report?