Permanent beta?

To be frank, it has always felt like one long beta test since purchasing my UDO Super 6, and for this reason I think I will always be a bit pissed off. The saving grace is that the synth itself is amazingly beautiful, both in terms of industrial design and sheer sound quality.

I would imagine there is a new firmware update on the horizon, just like last year, coinciding with Superbooth, or shortly after. Let’s see.

The new Super Gemini looks very attractive, but I would prefer to make the best use of what I currently own, albeit with stable and completed firmware, per the manual. As one would normally expect.

Personally, I am not looking for more shift functionality, or new hidden features, god forbid. I think the main focus should be on missing features/details per the manual, and bug fixes wherever they are identified, so we can use the Super 6 reliably as an instrument as it is currently understood to be. The only straight-forward feature I would really like to have is: Mixer as mod destination.

I think if the firmware was completed in this manner, this would give me the confidence to buy more UDO products, especially if I can trust that products are properly finished and maintained past the initial release.

I say this especially, as every synth brings with it a large investment of money to acquire it, and a huge amount of time for one to master it as an instrument.

8 Likes