Waveform and Spectrum visualization

I’ll gladly pay for a reverse eng patch software tool :slight_smile:

Thanks for sharing your hard work.

2 Likes

Working on it :wink:
In addition, I can already read the waves and I’m busy to add a Wave manager to my editor.

2 Likes

That’s a great news. Another great thing would be the chance to adapt old waveforms (i.e. ensoniq SQ80 or other vintage romplers), to the correct specifics. I tried to convert a voice sound wave with audacity, but sounds high pitched, and I can’t get where I get lost

Yep. In fact I just bounced on a work I did last year on a Wave / Wave table editor where I did a lot of basic stuff but not load/save in different formats.
Now I have at least a (very simple) format to handle and that is giving nice curves.
Already integrated in the S6 editor. Will soon post a video on the FB group.
I have a TS-10 so indeed can look into other formats.
There are also many sources on the internet for single cycle waves.
So, once one is done, it is just a matter to understand other formats and to read them.
Then to write a function to save them in the ws6 format.

4 Likes

I would also gladly pay for a tool like this. I like designing my own sounds, and would love to import some granular patches and other sounds from thins I’ve sampled, but finding the right chunk to turn into a single cycle waveform would be much easier with a tool like this.

1 Like

TS10 ? You man of great taste.
I have an ASR 10 and was wondering if transwaves are a concept transposable to Super6. At the moment not. But Eventually. Conceptually a whole different beast than static waveforms but I was always a fan of ensoniq transwaves when properly used they can sound unique.
Maybe an idea to push to UDO Once we have all promised 1.0 features such as MPE

I already asked this when the Super 6 was launched and George mentioned that wavetable navigation can be done. When that will be available is another story indeed.
As you say, first focus to deliver a good complete 1.0 firmware before tackling other enhancements.

2 Likes