Chord Memoriser

Like the Korg Mono/Poly, Alpha Juno etc

Press hold, then shift+hold to turn into a playable chord

1 Like

Doesn’t the last factory sequence already do this?

Also unison function does chords, maybe there’s a way to expand on that and have chord defined on patch level.

Looks like I’ve been sleeping. Gonna check tomorrow

Well, in the “max” level it does a major chord if I remember correctly…

that would really open this up in a cool way. its already got that house vibe, might as well add to it. would also really open it to the jungle heads who still wanna use hardware.

I’ve just bought the Alpha Juno for that exact reason.

1 Like

I just got mine in a few days ago, also a house-head looking to use this in the vein of one of the classic Rolands, so a chord mode would be much appreciated - perhaps as a shift function on the sequencer. I know there are workarounds using the sequencer, but I’ve been trying to figure it out for a few days now and haven’t gotten it yet. Just not a fan of the sequencers on synths most of the time - I’m a very visual person, and the whole synth gets being very visual right until you get to the sequencer.

1 Like

This is a great idea. Would love to have this! :slight_smile:

I am in favor of this. dBridge offered a nice idea of it’s implementation.

2 Likes

Agree. This would be awesome :–)

My first post here :):and i have to say…yes chord memory please !

Setting the sequencer with a length of 1 is a nice little workaround, but having an official implementation would be cool too!

1 Like

I’d like to use chord memory for my playing. – UDO Audio Support (zendesk.com)

How does this differ from how something like the Mono/Poly or Alpha Juno do it?

+1 on a dedicated Chord Memory function. I find the sequencer workaround a bit cumbersome and it also changes delay & LFO times when sync’ed to tempo.

Ideally it would be possible to turn on the arpeggiator and have it move the memorized chord up and down according to the arpeggio pattern.

Here is a brief example: KiwiSix Chord Arpeggiation and Key Transpose - YouTube

+1 for chord memory, pleease!

with the arpeggiator workaround it seems like i’m not able to control the sustain, as it will retrigger the notes after a short time. even with the speed set to lowest value.
nice thing though is, that it sends out the chords via midi.