Interface question (important)

Hi all! I just wanted to verify what color the backgrounds are on the blue model, as the pictures at various dealers show different colored backgrounds. As you can see from the images attached, one version has blue as the background through the white, the other is a pale grey through the white.

I was planning on ordering a blue Super 6 tomorrow but just wanted to get some clarity about what to expect to show up. Im honestly not a fan of the pale grey so I am hoping its blue. I’ll be purchasing from Detroit Modular in the USA if it matters on location. Thanks for the help!

Mine has blue, earlyish serial number. Wouldn’t be surprised if there have been tweaks to the panel printing over the production runs. Some of the early ones like mine are also missing a line at the DDS2 octave 4 position.

1 Like

I bought the blue one for its beauty but I think the text is clearer and easier to read on the grey model.

1 Like

Mine is a week old and looks like it has the blue writing. I have no problem reading it unless I’m crying because I can’t believe how crazy genius this thing is.

1 Like

Mine looks like the left image. I think the right image is super de-saturated, because that orange highlighting on DDS1 and DDS2 is way too bright, the left image is much closer to reality. All that is to say, if they have moved to grey printing for some reason, I think it will look much better in person than in the right image.

1 Like

Thank you for the fast reply. I was surprised to see a difference as well, it wouldnt make sense with 2 background colors between runs, but I have seen manufactures make changes for their USA products and overseas product lines. That is where my concern arose.

1 Like

:slight_smile: lol that is great to hear! Did you purchase yours in the USA?

Thank you. The left image I was able to crop and magnify clearly, the right image got a bit blurry upon magnification, but its clearly a different background.

Yes I did. I bought mine from Perfect Circuit.

1 Like

I was able to confirm the background is blue not grey. Apparently most of the images dealers are using are of the very first images that were presented of the synth. I very much appreciate all the responses and help given here.