My All-Grey Gemini 🤩

I’m a sensitive person and red is probably my least favorite color, so I decided to replace the caps :smiling_face: I think it looks gorgeous like this!

UDO Super Gemini grey instead of red caps

Yesterday I did a session with the latest firmware and I absolutely love this thing. I have never owned a piece of gear that lets me explore so many complex and beautiful sounds without struggling with technical difficulties.

I know things have been slow and bumpy with the firmwares at times, and I’ve owned a S6 from the start, but in the end it’s the sound that matters most to me, and regarding bugs and stability it seems we have arrived in a very good place.

I appreciate the struggles that a small company like UDO has had, and I would just like to express my gratitude for once. Thanks for all your hard work and dedication :heart:

As a tip, I think the Chroma Console is a great companion to, ahem, add some color. It fits nicely in the corner, especially if you attach the rubber feet. I love that you left a blank space like that; simple and clever.

10 Likes

Nice! Curious. How were you able to get more caps? Wanted to replace a few on my s6 with the red caps.

Thanks @0x80! regarding caps, we’ll soon sell spares via our shop including cap sets. In the meantime contact support and we may be able to help you out with colour caps @Kethro

2 Likes

PLEASE, blue caps :slight_smile:

I’m thinking of these hardcore computer coder keyboards with no letters or numbers on the keycaps. Anyone dare get some of that ultra matte black paint and make an all black gemini with no markings on it whatsoever? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh man, this looks so nice. I’d definitely be interested in playing around with the balance of dark/light controls on my black S6.

While on knob and fader colors, I’ve always wondered about the rationale behind the two colours, is there a functional based reason for the accented colour on certain controls?

@DSC the colours of the knobs and the highlighting of panel areas is to try and help with quick visual identification of where you are. With Gemini, having another colour for the other layer also helps with this. Where it is particularly useful for example is in low light environments, at a glance you can see where cross mod or cutoff is for example and orientate yourself to where the other controls are from then. Grouping controls that vary in type and colour within in local patterns also helps. With eyes closed you can feel for a control in a way that with a “knob field” you’d need to read the panel legend. The instruments have many controls, so any small effort to reduce the visual load and make the instrument a bit more “accessible” I think is worthwhile.

1 Like

Hi 0x80!

I usually add color as well, when playing on my Super6, using DIYRE colour duo.

How difficult was the knob exchange and which knob type do you use?

Cheers Michael from Austria

@udo-audio you know why I’m here. We need more BLUE

I didn’t know about the DIYRE colour modules. That looks really interesting, and affordable. Thanks for bringing it under my attention!

The rotary knobs are not easy to get off. It requires quite a bit of force. I think a form of knob puller would be needed. I happened to have a keycap puller for mechanical keyboards, and that worked great. It looks like this

1 Like