LFO 1 as mod source please!

One feature that really disappoints me at times on the Super 6 is how LFO 2 is the only LFO for mod source, when LFO 1 contains so many more possibilities.

LFO 2 basically allows you to modulate with a triangle (or sine?) wave, but if LFO 1 could be a mod source, you’d be able to have square, random, saw, and the tracking LFO for modulation.

Think about having the random LFO modulating filter resonance. Or the saw wave set to “once” would essentially be a long attack envelope that is assignable anywhere. Or the square wave modulating Delay Time and synced to the arpeggiator, meaning you could essentially have 2 delay times that swap between arpeggiated notes. There are obviously tons of options.

13 Likes

I’m not saying it’s a perfect replacement, and I’m still learning the synth. But DDS2, I believe, is in stereo and can do almost everything LFO 1 can do (barring the user controlled phase per channel, as the most obvious omission), and LFO 1 will function as an oscillator well enough. So I think in at least some cases you could get close to what you want by using the LFO as a second oscillator, putting DDS2 into LFO mode, and assigning it to some of the places you’ve described.

2 Likes

This is something that should be highlighted anyway as DDS2 is a powerful modulator, and can get you many cool results.

However, the LFO1 is just so much more powerful, as you can also load in the custom waves there, which can get you really wild results that DDS2 can’t do.

You also then lose DDS2 as an actual oscillator…

1 Like

Yep, but with the argument of using DDS2 as the modulator instead of LFO1 means you can use LFO1 as an audio rate oscillator, which it really does fantastically well :slight_smile:

Another reason: DDS2 as a mod source LFO means it is stuck in resetting trigger mode, and can’t be used as a freerunning LFO.

One more reason for LFO1 as a mod source!!!

2 Likes

Agreed! Would love lfo1 as a mod source! I would also love to see the mixer as a destination!

2 Likes

Just bumping this for Callum and George’s visibility. :slight_smile: @dds and @udo-audio

To the OP - agreed and as I mentioned in my S6 review awhile back, it would be great if LFO1 could be a mod source if possible.

My suggestion would be Shift + LFO2 to enable LFO1 as mod source (if that button combo hasn’t been used by anything yet).

I do hope UDO will give it serious consideration! :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I can only agree, LFO1 and Keybord as mod sources, plus Mixer as destination, are really missing

8 Likes

Wondering if this is possible as well not sure why LFO 1 can not be a mod source?
Any plans for making this a reality in the future or is this something that can not be done do to technical factors?

1 Like

Wanted to chime in and ask about this as well! Is there any reason that it is NOT possible, architecturally? @udo-audio and @DDS could maybe chime in, I was really grateful to understand why mixer as a destination is so tricky.
I swear, despite my popping up in these request threads, I am LOVING my Super 6. I have been patching like mad, even making beautiful sounds while trying to troubleshoot things. :wink:

yes a little info would be cool to even know if this is possible. I have many synths and this is the first synth that has encouraged me to actually explore patch making beyond the frequency knob. Last night I utilized the Mod Matrix in a synth for the first time on the UDO.

1 Like