LOCAL OFF disabling Octave Selector annoyance

Hi. This one has already been raised in the thread about using the Super 6 as a master keyboard, but I thought it was worth highlighting separately here. The issue is that invoking LOCAL OFF disables the Octave Selector lever, and this quickly becomes a frustrating experience when using the Super 6 as the input device with a DAW. Pitch bend and modulation controls all behave as you would wish in this state, so hopefully this should be a relatively straightforward firmware fix without any negative consequences? Thanks!

2 Likes

I have the S6 as master keyboard connected to a MPC. Also find the user experience poor in this space, if I’m controlling other instruments I first need to navigate to the S6 track on the MPC change octave on the keyboard then navigate back to the other instrument on the MPC and continue what I was doing and there. Bit of a flow kill.

1 Like

I’m using Logic over here. Modwaev’s workaround of hopping back onto the S6 MIDI track to change octaves is a little smoother than what I’ve been doing, which was to toggle Local On and Off via the Shift button every time I wanted to change octave on a virtual instrument (somewhat infuriating and error prone). Hopefully though, this will appear on the list of fixed bugs on the next firmware update.

I use it for a Peak and the switch disables. Yes very annoying.

Just letting you know we’ve addressed this and Local off no longer disables the octave selector- will be there part of next update

11 Likes

That’s awesome, thanks!

was this addressed in .53 update? Didn’t see it in the release notes.

I have the most current firmware and I still have the same “problem”

@ptlaino the fix is not on our 0,53 release but is ready and awaiting our next release

1 Like

Hi, I’ve also noticed some strange behavior while attempting to use the super 6 as a master midi keyboard.

I have been trying to send the ARP and HOLD data out to other gear via a usb host (1010music BlackBox)

The Super 6 is also one of these target instruments that midi is being sent to by having LOCAL set to OFF.

I have enabled this feature by also selecting SHIFT + SYNC and the pressing the patch 3 button.

The ARP is not even selectable when LOCAL is set to off.
Neither are 90% of the buttons along that panel.

If the current channel of USB Host is set back to the S6 channel. The ARP triggers a short not repeat like effect and then stops working. I then need to switch the S6 off & on again…

Any suggestions as to what I may have set incorrectly or is this more buggy behavior on the midi out side of things?