Aftertouch/ poly aftertouch

Hi! Just got my desktop s6 and I love it so far. I have it hooked to Ableton and am controlling via Push 2. When push is set to mono aftertouch, s6 responds but when I set it to poly, it doesn’t for some reason. I don’t know if this has something to do with the instrument or Ableton. Ableton supports full mpe btw. Thanks in advance for tips and info!

2 Likes

I’m also not very successful with my mpe keyboard… tried couple of things, but I’m stocked trying to get pitch bend working. Tried with 2 controllers. Maybe something I’m doing right?

1 Like

I think you’ll have to wait until a firmware update, which I assume would add a global setting for MPE. The only synth I have that supports MPE is the Argon 8 and in order for it to work you have to enable it in the menu settings. It’s a little like making sure your midi in and midi out device are on the same channel. Only with MPE its slightly more complicated because it uses multiple midi channels.

2 Likes

Thank you, yes, I realized that MPE was not implemented yet. I have a kijimi also, and it’s relatively easy to set it up.

Hi guys - have any of you had much success with aftertouch being sent from external controllers? I’m not necessarily aiming to MPE as it requires a computer :thinking:
But poly aftertouch is something I am definitely interested in.
Using a Roli Seaboard and can get slide and glide to work but no pressure, no vibrato and no poly aftertouch. Any tips / suggestions?
Thanks

Download a program that can monitor exactly what midi messages you’re sending from your controller (if you’re on a Mac, I recommend Midi Monitor). Then crosscheck these messages with what the Super 6 accepts, per the manual.

I finally got PolyAT working with Ableton Push2 and Super6 KB.

• 0.53 firmware.
  • Global config: Shift+MPE, 1,2 and 3 buttons = solid*
  • Set LFO2 switch to ON (AT/BEND)
  • To modulate the Cutoff, manually Mod Assign AT to the filter cutoff, add some + modulation.
  • On your Ableton Super6 Ext.Instrument, set MIDI to “Super-6” and channel to MPE
  • On Push2 Setup, set Pressure = Poly
    I’ve got individual notes opening the filter based on pressure on my Push2. And it sound magical!

Further note* - buttons 2 and 3 are more specific to Roli and Linn, they are not required.

1 Like

Wonderful! I’ll try this ASAP
Thank you