Mod matrix range adjustments

I’m a bit confused as to what reasoning is behind the way the modulation works on the super 6 …
The most obvious way to my mind , would be to have the modulation amount relative to the extent of each parameter ,
Eg if I assign lfo 2 to the filter cut off , then the maximum amount could move the filter from fully closed to fully open … if the filter was completely closed or at zero …
but this is not the case for many parameters I would like to modulate …
What seems to be the case is that the plus minus scales that we set in the mod matrix affect some parameter way less …
For example try using the lfo2 to modulate the decay of the looping envelope …
the whole point to me of modulation is to free hands to use to play keys and maybe other modulations …
With these mod amounts set so low ,it doesn’t tap into half of what the synth can do …
you don’t limit the range of the arp to play only a few keys when you can play ten keys with your hands … so why do this with mod sources…
If you need less range of modulation , you can just dial less modulation plus or minus into the matrix …
But if you need more your back to using hands …
I really don’t get it … ?
Please Can someone from UDO reply on the official stance of this discision .?
I’m not sure if this is the right place to raise this , but it’s a major let down of the synth for me …

7 Likes

Many here and elsewhere have been asking for full modulation range for a while. Hopefully the UDO team will unlock those parameters.

3 Likes

Yup. Here are 2 previous threads on the topic:

I suggest submitting a feature request on this.

4 Likes