Move knob from where the patch is saved

Hi everyone!
Is there a way to move any knob from where the patch is saved?
When I’m going from patch to patch, we lose the visual aid and you don’t know where you are and when you move a knob you can screw it up… I think it would be useful to leave “shift” pressed and start moving when you go through the value it has the patch, but the “shift” is already used for something else…
Does anyone know anything?
Thank you!
Juancruz

3 Likes

I totally agree! I don’t remember anything in the manual about such a feature (and I don’t have the manual handy at the moment to check) but for what it’s worth, the Sequential Take 5 has a feature similar to this where you can set when the knobs actually take effect, and one of the (if I recall correctly) three options is called “pass-thru” - meaning that it will only affect the patch when you’ve passed through the saved value. This would be an amazing addition in the S6!!

2 Likes

On the OB6 there’s a feature that a dot on the limited display appears when moving the fader/knob passing the patch point.
It’s very useful when setting the knobs.

Maybe something similar could implement to a led on the Super6?

5 Likes

It is a much needed feature! all the time I have to be guessing!

1 Like

Yes, that is really needed and would be my favorite shift function of all!

While enjoying playing in Manual mode and intensely tweaking live, the flow just stops if you change patch. But what if I tweak and play to a point in my performance where there should be an immediate and drastic change in sound?! I change patch, all good so far, but then the live tweaking fun is over, at least on most occasions.

1 Like

Could that be accomplished by using the patch select buttons to show where the value is set (a bit like the modulation value)? I.e. you move a controller and the lights on the patch select buttons move in harmony with one led flashing to show where the current saved value is.

1 Like

My Summit does this too. Handy.
Could an indicator of current value be accomplished by using the patch select buttons to show where the value is set (a bit like the modulation value)? I.e. you move a controller and the lights on the patch select buttons move in harmony with one led flashing to show where the current saved value is.

The manual button has a led, that lights up in manual mode. My idea is to use this led as the indicator of the original fader value, as it has no function when out of manual mode. Novation and Sequential synths have this functionality.
I don’t want more additional shift functions for this.