Super 8 vs Super Gemini

I’ve scoured the manual and I can see a couple differences. One being the detune offset on the SG for use with heavy crossmod patches(pitch issues as a result of fm could easily be remedied with an ac-coupler, 3-pole 30hz filter in software form), and second the Super 8 has a couple different labels. OSC mod instead of dds2. It looks like the S8 has some shift functions for the lfo and modulation osc in the filter and vca section. Can someone from UDO explain the difference? I get they are the same engines, but does any of this contribute to a difference in function or tone? I’m about to make a purchase and still undecided. I prefer the size and appearance of the S8. I’m unsure if my ears are deceived, but something sounds a tad different between the two. Thanks!

There’s layer detune on the S8 too, it’s a shift function on the tuning knob as opposed to a dedicated knob. Actually it appears to be more versatile as it seems to be a per-layer setting whereas the SG’s knob affects only the lower layer.

The nomenclature about osc mod is still there (underneath the slider on the red background the modulation source is written).

What are the additional functions you feel you’ve seen? It may just be they have been labelled slightly differently.

Nice! Glad to see the detune function exists per layer. It could just be a difference in labels as you say. That’s why I’m asking. I’m just curious if there are some new shift functions. It does look like it’s just extra labeling.

I was this close to buying the 8 yesterday when it was the cheapest I’ve seen it. Still would like to sell a couple of other things first though.

Nice, I just sold my Super 6. I just don’t want to wait months for the S8. There is a super gemini available now. I wish UDO would let us know when the S8 is on it’s way to the US. The supplier has no clue