Update instructions - init patch - v0.30

Hi,

I have just installed the latest firmware v0.30, and in doing so observed a small problem.

According to the update instructions, we are to do the following:

1. Delete all files from the Super 6’s boot disk.
    • Make sure to empty the trash if you are a Mac user,
      or the update will not be possible
  2. Copy the firmware file ‘xos_v0.30.bin’ from this folder to the boot disk.
    • If asked if you want to copy files without properties, choose ‘yes’.
    • Wait and make sure the file transfers are complete.
      This may take several minutes. Do not power off or unplug the USB cable
      during the transfer.

With this update, I notice the instructions no longer mention copying the init patch as it did before. However, if I follow the instructions as written, then all files are deleted off the boot disk, and only the new firmware is copied over, leaving the synth without an init patch.

I have since copied the init patch from v0.27 back onto the boot disk, and now all seems to be fine. However, I thought it best to make light of this discrepancy, especially in case anyone blindly follows the instructions as I just did.

Note, on my first attempt at restoring the init patch, the synth refused to boot properly, and on my second attempt it worked. Which was weird. Anyway I share this information in case anyone encounters the same problem.

Cheers.

3 Likes

We’ve added the init patch file to the v0.30 firmware folder. You can download the updated folder over here.

Please also check your update instructions (v0.30):

2. Copy the firmware file ‘xos_v0.30.bin’ from this folder to the boot disk.

Versus (v0.27):

2. Copy the firmware file ‘xos_v0.27.bin’ and the inital patch file ‘init_patch_v0.27.s6’ from this folder to the boot disk.

Otherwise we are left without an init patch as it happened to me.

Cheers.

2 Likes