Making your own user waveform

No, the standard WAV header ist just 44 bytes (as i mentioned above).
The thing is: WAV is only a container format and the first block in the header describes whats in it.
WAV files support different sample rates, multiple audio channels and different bits per sample … and even different data encodings (like compression). All this is encoded in the header so that the software later knows how to load (and play) the WAV file.
The .ws6 file has and needs no header, because it has no sample rate, only one channel (=mono) and allways 16 bits per sample. It’s pure data in a predefined format.

If your WAV file with 4096 samples is 16.xxxkB, it might have 32bits per sample or two channels.
And even if it had the right amount of data, a text editor ist not the rigth tool für cutting of the header of any binary data file.

But to be honest: THIS is really not the challenge for preparing a correctly sounding waveform!

If it’s just that one waveform you need, send the WAV to me via PN, i’ll take it as test data for my WAV2ws6 Converter and send you back the result.
But it would be better if you sent me a longer WAV (more than 10 000 samples) that contains your desired waveform within a countinuos tone, so that i could make sure to get the right start/end points for one single cycle waveform.

1 Like