Permanent beta?

I totally agree. I own a number of Elektron devices that I really like, but my biggest gripe with Elektron as a company is that they’re so incredibly secretive. Seeing internal meeting posts like these show up on the Elektronauts forum would be totally unheard of. I realise that you don’t want to promise a lot of things or reveal features that competitors can steal, but there’s a middle ground between that and not saying anything at all regarding future directions.

From what I’ve seen of UDO Audio, they seem to be quite open regarding what they work on, if you dig around for it on the forum, but I would love for them to be even more structured in this openness. For example, the developers of Microsoft Flight Simulator make regular blog posts in their forum, talking about what they currently are working on.

Now, if UDO audio were to do this, I don’t think it would have to be especially complicated or time consuming. Simply posting some meeting notes like was done above would go a really long way towards convincing users like me that I haven’t bought into vaporware. In fact, that post alone by @udo-audio probably made the difference between me keeping and me returning my Super 6 desktop unit that I recently bought (and judging from the number of likes on the post, it seems like a lot of other people really liked it as well).

I made a suggestion here to start to use the Announcement category of this forum more regularly and consistently.

4 Likes