SG MIDI: Reinstate NRPN tx, Pedal ideas

First off:

I was hoping to do some things with NRPN (14-bit midi data) from the sliders on my Super Gemini. I understand you had a lot of support requests from people not understanding how it works, or their DAWS not being able to handle it - I empathise! But please don’t cripple the machine because of “most people” :slight_smile:

Perhaps you could require a long press or something, to switch it on, and put a warning in the manual so that people are aware it takes a little bit of work to understand how to work with it?

So that’s my number one, because that aspect of the recent firmware update feels regressive to me.

Second: it would be really cool to also be able to access the mod matrix via MIDI (or OSC, anything really!) …perhaps this kind of stuff will be available when the DUMP function is ready?

Third: I’m also using my Super Gemini as a master keyboard and have just invested in PianoTeq. I’m going to buy the Roland RPU-3 piano style pedals, and was hoping to use two (via a 2 x TS to TRS adapter) for sustain and one for the delay freeze.

At any rate: these pedals are capable of continuous control, so that one can ‘half pedal’. I think that would be a cool feature on the Super Gemini: if one has a compatible pedal to be able to press the sustain half on. At any rate, as a master keyboard, it would be great if it could at least pass it through?

(I’m not sure if it does or not! I’m going to buy this pedal anyway, and if it doesn’t work in the meantime through the Gemini, I’ll go via a Midi Expression Quattro from audiofront.)

A related wish:

It would be cool, if one is in DUAL or SINGLE mode, if the second sustain pedal - which doesn’t function in these modes if I remember correctly - could be used for Sostenuto? I suppose I could mimic it in SPLIT mode by just sustaining the lower split and then tinkling over it with the upper split, but it might be cool to have a more flexible ‘selective sustain’ function.

Just some things I was thinking about! Cheers!

1 Like

upvote on the half-pedal support! please @udo-audio ! not sure if the on/off nature of the sustain pedal is hardware or software, but it woudl be a massive improvement for use as a master KB.

1 Like