Super six problems volume clipping buttons not working anymore sometimes

Guys i recently bought myself the udo super 6 keyboard version. I love this thing. Today i was playing with it together with Ableton i set it up as an external instrument nothing special. As i do with other hardware synths i use the midi chord plugin from Ableton to get some handy chords going.But today i found out a patch became extremely loud en also the main volume button of the Udo was not working anymore. I also found out that sometimes the cutoff doesn’t work anymore. Running latest firmware here. Is there any reason why a midi chord could start stacking up voices on each other or something? It was just clipping and only the left channel. I can’t find a reason why buttons suddenly stop functioning and i can only solve it after a shutdown.

Any ideas are the bugs?

1 Like

Mine does this all the time. Stuck notes, Arp not syncing with BPM when engaged. Using all USB MIDI here with MIDi filtering in heavy use. Voices dropping in and out. Bought mine over a year ago and have been working through it. But then I see they made a new synth while leaving us to wonder whats next. No news on s6 at super booth at all. Just a brief mention that something is happening.

2 Likes

I guess they will fix it in a new firmware they want this instrument to perform well for sure.

Forgot to say that in the meantime it is annoying as f**k :tired_face:

1 Like

I love to jam before I print audio. This limits my time to jam, because I’m stopping and starting again for it to reset or do what it needs to relax. Sometimes i have to switch the patch then go back to get it engage again.

You would assume that these things would be rock solid before releasing such an expensive instrument. Getting access virus ti vibes here never was running solid ever. I hope they will continue to work on the firmware i wanna love this thing but seriously thinking if i made a mistake buying one. I see people waiting for three years already :thinking:

1 Like

I agree. Kinda feels they just took all that cash from the S6 and made the Super Gemini. I’ve been patiently waiting for over a year.

1 Like

If you contact udo support they can help you further but they do not work weekends so I can see if I can help. Most issues are easily solved. For example the loud noise and unresponsive volume pot sounds like you may have “VCA ENV LEVEL” too high and are clipping (this clipping bypasses the volume pot) suggest pull VCA ENV LVL back a few notches. All midi setups are different but most midi issues are easy to resolve with the settings adjustment. NRPN controls for example if set to transmit/receive can send huge amounts of data. Suggest to try enabling cc mode for example and see how this improves things in a sophisticated midi setup

1 Like

After a year of reading the same thing, it continues to act the way it does, even with all the “troubleshooting” tips, it’s obvious they need to fix things. I’m tired of defending them tbh.

1 Like

Yes clipping is gone how stupid of me.
Above 0db with chord i gets loud soon. Pulling it back did the trick thanks. Now hoping other knobs keep working.

2 Likes

I understand that same feeling here.

Are we missing a main bug list the guys from udo can work on?

It’s all scattered on this forum now right?

2 Likes