ARP Not Responsive in ABLETON After I Stop Track

Is anyone having issues with the arp? I have to keep restarting my Super 6 every time I want to use the arp in Ableton. For some reason when I stop the track from playing midi or just want to HOLD the arp and jam… the super 6 LOCKS up and I don’t hear any audio unless I turn OFF arp. I am not able to get it going again unless I turn off the super 6 and back on again… causing me to lose the patch I created and just overall kill my creativity. Is there a solution to this?

If you are syncing to the ableton (or other DAW) midi clock, and the song is stopped, the midi clock generally also stops, and the synth arp stops accordingly. I think ableton can be configured to “run clock in stopped mode” so you can continue to play the arpeggiator in stopped mode. @DDS please can you confirm where ableton has this option? I only know how to do it in cubase!

2 Likes

That’s not an option in Ableton Live.

ok… so is there a solution?

Different DAW (cubase allows it for example as I’m sure others will) or a separate clock generator to drive both the Daw and synth(s).

We can look at “freewheeling” the arp at the last tempo when midi clock is removed in a future update but this may not be how many would want / expect behaviour so we’d have to see about this before looking to move to this approach.

im sorry, maybe my post was confusing.

Arp is no longer responding once I stop Ableton. The entire instrument freezes UNLESS I reboot it. If I change patches and turn on arp, it doesn’t respond. If I load up Ableton while the synth is already on, it won’t read midi unless I restart. There seems to be an issue here. Not sure how to work around it without constantly turning my synth off which isn’t fun. especially when I lose the patch