Get round for lack of midi sync

Hi All

anyone found any get rounds to the lack of syncronisation?
the best ive got so far is tapping tempo on push to make my daw the same as the S6’s arp … then recording the S6’s audio, making a loop and calculating back to find the bpm or tempo of the arp …
it doesnt seem to be as good as any 200 quid sync with midi sync …
i cannot belive this company can show their face at a trade show , anyone who writes music surly is struggling with this … or are you all just making ambient pad drones or you dont care about syncing your sequences and delays to prodjects tempos …
or maybe your all just using controllers or your daws arp? the arp on the s6 is pretty crap tbh fpr 2k board … i like the sequencer though. and i wanna be able to record cc data too…
what are your thoughts , ive written to UDO … be good to ear their excuses …
cuz its just bad service in my book …2nd and last synth i buy new …

Mine is synced up. Check out this post:

There are still some quirks, I think with how the voices are handled. Occasionally I have to step through the sequencer settings (Store button) in order to get notes to respond normally. This is pretty annoying to be honest, but I know it’s something they are working on in the coming firmware update.

1 Like

These bugs are known and reported, many users are waiting the next firmware…

5 Likes

I hear you , and yes I’m aware of how to set up live and the s6 …
And this is how I know it’s not working…
I’ve been a DJ for the last 20 years and I play drums .
My timing is pretty good … possibly better than the s6 .lol
When I move the tempo whilst the app is on , it’s is possible to get it to sound tight maybe in one place , on 1/8ths maybe …
But if you dial back so that and get a four note arp playing …cycle the chord from the daw every 2 bars record and then see how much out it is , I get half an extra note over 2 bar loop …
Pretty useless unless you like that effect lol

Ryan, these bugs are known and reported !

Midi clock is just fine if it stays in the box. But If you send midi clock from a master being a software DAW , to the outside world , chances are that it’s generating a poor midi clock signal anyway. I have yet to see a good jitter free midi clock signal coming out of a software daw….
In my case I get proper sync with a proper midi clock (hardware sequencer) and my S6 just syncs ok. I have given up trying to use software DAW generated midi clock.
Do you have other gear sync’d up with your DAW ?

1 Like

yes , about 5 usb midi synths and another 8 via a retrokit rk006 , adn there all good …
if mess with arp settings on someof them or sequencece lengths then the one can get lost a bit , but i got a tr8 and rytm running too and its all pretty tight , not perfect im running multiple interfaces with aggregate devices on mac pro … but the s6 is super wonkey , like 1/2 a bpm out over a few bars ,
anyways ,so chuffed to just hear george that the update is coming with the desctop which is this month , he says to nick batt … so whats another month …