Brand New Super Gemini strange malfunction.....did I get a Dud?

Where is the video you indicated?

I couldn’t load up the video apparently from my iPhone I guess I gotta post it on YouTube so I couldn’t post it but it’s pretty much I’m playing pads and it changes too the noise after 57secs …it’s on the Udo super Gemini on Facebook group. it does it in performance as well as patches, and sometimes it’s instant sometimes two seconds, and sometimes as long as 57 seconds that it changes

authentic west country goods mushties, sometimes uncludes pixies!

they’ll test your patience, but what elfs is patience for?

still, enough screws loose around here, so hoping they manage to sort things without too many wires getting crossed in the meantime.

oo arr.

2 Likes

I posted it here :camera_flash: Look at this post on Facebook Redirecting...

Hey Ron, did you ever get a results from Udo on what’s happening as I’m looking to send mine back but I’d rather just just exchange it for one that works thank you sorry about your issues it’s very disappointing I know

Just watched your video on Facebook so beautiful until “the moment” I have same issue.I hope you can get an exchange or quick resolution via service. I am in limbo right now waiting to hear back.

Thank you I hope you as well get it sorted out quickly.
I went for an exchange, but I’m not sure if there’s any in stock anymore in the United States and I’m worried about getting the same batch that has these issues so I’m not sure what’s gonna happen. I just want one that works. I mean no disrespect to the Udo team, but I’m not sure why this was not detected upon shipping if it happened in shipping it happen to quite a few of them exactly the same issue so I doubt that is the issue I pondered the idea of reinstalling the OS etc. but I’ve read a few comments here that they’ve tried it And it didn’t work out still the same problem. And thank you and happy new year to you. Hope we all get this sorted sooner than later.

I’m still in wait mode myself. UDO is waiting to hear from the distributor, presumably to find an available unit to exchange. The last comment was: “We will have a fully working Super Gemini to you in no time at all.” That was 2 days ago, but alas it’s the weekend so I’m not expecting anything further until next week.

Ron and Echo, Are you in the USA or in Europe? I was just wondering if reaching out to Udo is better than just exchanging one that might already be in the path of defectiveness. What’s your thoughts?

I am in the USA, I have been in contact with customer support and they have been very responsive. I just think they are doing their best trying to figure out what the issue is and get it rectified.

My unit was purchased in the UK. I agree with Rich, UDO support has been highly professional….but at this point they simply don’t know what the issue is. They acknowledge it’s happening. But they don’t yet know why. So, any new purchase is on some level a gamble, until they know more. I have noticed that while there are at least 7 who have publicly (on some forum) reported the same issue in the past two weeks, the way the issue manifests itself is slightly different. The end result sounds the same. But how and when the sound goes crazy and the synth jumps into edit mode by itself is slightly different. So any unit may be susceptible to it. Until they know the root cause, they just don’t know ( or are just not saying). I really want a working synth. Rather than just a return. So I’m working with them to sort it out, rather than just demand a refund from the retailer.

1 Like

I heard back from Udo they were very obliging. They are trying hard to find out what the issue is. My question is how long is it gonna take to find out and then all the new units may have other problems as well just so knew that maybe people haven’t noticed certain things yet I’ve saw on other forums new problems of popping up which is unfortunate. I suppose it’s expected from a new sense that hasn’t had a certain amount of customer testing. I just sent mine back for exchange, hoping the new unit doesn’t do it if that one does then I will probably cancel it and let them figure it out and order one later in the year when they figure the problem out. I too love the synthesizer, but it’s no good especially just paying credit card payments on something you don’t have any other things besides what a few of us have been dealing with

From what forum members have experienced it seems that the Gemini quality control team have somewhat let down their customers resulting in both build and software quality issues. Have no knowledge of the number of units sold and the percentage having quality issues but really hope its a very small number of units . My experience of UDO support team strongly suggests that they will do all possible to fully address any software problems as fast as possible . As for the hardware problems , that’s a different issue and should never happen regardless of the price of the synth . Hope everyone impacted gets a fully working replacement or repair asap. Please remember that UDO are a very small independent
company and will ensure that all customers are happy .

2 Likes

Hello everyone,

We are aware that some of our North American customers have experienced an issue with the synth “jumping out” of saved patch/performance.

The engineering team has worked very hard to diagnose the issue which has now been reliably reproduced and resolved in our facility here.

UDO Support have been communicating with the few customers affected directly. I have been in contact just now with North American distribution who are taking care of any remedial work required.

Kind regards, George

6 Likes

Thank you George!!! Support has been in touch with me today, and are shipping new parts to me to hopefully resolve the issue.

I just received my Super Gemini and registered. I get the exact same thing - after a couple seconds, sometimes a minute, the lights flash and the sound changes dramatically. The patch light starts to blink on its own.

I am looking for an answer on this forum or to be directed to anywhere else I need to look for an answer to fix this. Can this be due to software? Or is this definitely hardware?

Help appreciated. I had ordered this in June of 2023 and finally got it from Kraft Music this year. They were on top of it keeping me updated. I really do not want to send this unit back for a swap so I am hoping it is an easy fix.

I see the kind answer from George so I will await for folks to get in touch.

So sorry to hear I was hoping it would be fewer units that were affected by this situation. At this time I understand that Udo is aware of it, and have found out what is causing it, I do not want to speculate, but I did see something about them sending parts to existing owners for an easy fix. I’m not sure if you can do this yourself or how to take it to repair shop. I’m also aware that they’ve reached out to the north distribution and again I’m not sure if they’re sending them the parts to fix or replacing the units. Me myself I sent mine back, hoping to get a new one that works and I have no idea where that stands. It is my hopes that Udo takes care of the existing people that already have bought ones instead of possibly fulfilling new Orders , I think that would be the right thing to do. I’m hoping that everything works out as I had scheduled this to work on a new score for a film. And at this time, I’m looking other keyboards to fulfill this. I think if you reach out to Udo support, they can give you a more direct answer. I just wanted to let you know what I’ve been told. The super Gemini is a fantastic machine I just wish it was somewhat tested thoroughly before shipped.

Thank you for the thoughtful and detailed reply. I am awaiting UDO’s reply and am sure they will do their best.

UDO wont be in 100% control of that (unless you are going for the self-repair via a replacement part option) due to the nature of distribution and retail being handled by other companies. They can at best somewhat influence the priority of supplies, but ultimately the distributors and retailers still need to do the right thing by existing customers affected by this issue.

1 Like

Received mine several days ago, here in the US, It too has similar problems. Thanks to this thread, I knew it was a possibility, so was not caught off guard. Have sent an email and have not heard back yet from support.

I think it is important for support to be in communication in as timely a way as is humanly possible. I will give it a few days and if I don’t hear back, I will send it back - perhaps get a refund. Quality Control is a killer for customers and I am personally not interested in fiddling around with electronic circuitry in a high-end musical instrument. If the replacement can come fast then I will swap but if I have to await months for another - then - I will not buy another UDO product … ever. No one wants to get put to the end of a queue having just bought a very expensive instrument only to be told to wait in line for a replacement. This is not about me. It is about business. And there are consequences in the marketplace depending on the business process chosen (i.e. address the issue in priority of purchase and receipt - I had put my pre-order on this in JUNE 2023 so I have awaited a while - rather to be placed in priority after other orders are fulfilled - which First In Last One Out. No thanks). Please, UDO, let us know what your plans are to remedy this. Also, for the record, Kraft Music has been excellent and are in the loop on this but the concern is whether another instrument can be shipped in a timely fashion.

For right now, I am willing to be somewhat patient and await news from support as I am keeping the faith on what I see as a hardworking small hi-tech business. I will also await news from Kraft Music about how to proceed as there limited time-lines in which I must return the instrument due to their own deadlines for getting things done whenever one gets a lemon.