The ultimate after effect device for your Super6

Interesting. Anyone used it on the S6?

Do keep in mind that the nightsky is a mono effect in a stereo pedal. So everything you send though the effect will lose the binaural effect.

The Elektron Analog Heat is a perfect pairing for the Super 6. The added dirt breathes whole new life into the synth!

2 Likes

Did you ever do this?

I have just ordered one I think it will be a great pairing.

@Acidizer - Microcosm is a really interesting pedal. You can sync the clock and do all sorts of rhythmic delays, glitches, and time divisions. You can dial in some great reverbs but it is way more than a reverb pedal. Let us know how you like it.

I tried using the Strymon Starlab, really didn’t like the results much. Maybe it sums to mono, as someone said the Night Sky pedal does?

To be honest, i don’t really like the starlab in general. I’m planning to sell it, and get an Eventide H90 instead.

The H90 will be occupying the two stereo sends of my SSLsix mixer, so i can send use the super6 headphone output to route the sound to the two H90 effects, as well as any other soundsource in the studio. The ‘dry’ Super6 is going straight into the interface. This way i’m sure there’s no mono summing, and i can alter the effect settings and level after ‘the crime’ :slight_smile:

So far i’ve used very little fx with the S6, it really doesn’t need them often, especially reverb. Where on most synths this would be step1, on the S6 it often sounds wide and spatial enough already. And the delay does a good job of creating crude room-like reflections to emulate small spaces.

1 Like

My Iphone makes for a killer multi fx unit

I’m testing out Death By Audio Rooms on my Super6 desktop at the moment.
It sounds really great but I need to be careful with gain staging cause the pedal is a bit sensitive and can distort easily. Apart from that, the reverb options are beautiful sounding, it’s easy to use, 6 algorithms and no presets to get distracted by.

Would love to hear some samples of this S6+DBA combo! I have had my eyes on DBA Rooms for a while.

2 Likes

My super6 is at home at the moment so I can’t record anything but I’ll try, when it’s back at the studio to make some snips of the combo

1 Like

I have picked up a Walrus Audio M1 Mako modulation pedal to complement the S6. It has a little sneaky built in reverb. I don’t like to record with too much processing, because I find it limiting down the track and also I don’t think the S6 needs much in the first place.

But I will probably get a Polymoon again for it, or maybe the LVX.

I have the rooms too and it’s amazing. The gain staging on it is a massive bonus. IMO.

Valhalla Shimmer. Had a few pedals but got rid of them as so many good software alternatives out there such as Portal, Replika etc
[UDO Super 6 vs Valhalla Shimmer - YouTube]

1 Like