Volume spike on factory patch D2

Anyone else getting massive volume spikes when playing factory patch D2?

The volume spikes much higher than the master volume. It’s so abrupt & loud that it feels very bad for my speakers / headphones.

It’s definitely the Super 6 causing the issue - it happens when connected to monitors, headphones or my DAW.

I recorded the issue - mp3 recording here (volume warning)

Any ideas?

I’ve gotten the same massive spikes on mine too. Whenever play or create some of my bass sounds, if I have the Amp ENV all the way up, anytime the master vol is anything less than all the way turned right, I experience several spikes.

Hi, issue was covered previously I think, the last update boosted the output level as some users thought it was a bit quiet. Means its now possible to overload the output on some patches. Just lower the amp level to get rid of it.

2 Likes

Thanks transceive!

So the suggestion was to lower the amp level and overwrite the patch. So my next question is: how do you overwrite a factory patch?

I followed the instructions in the manual (hold the white patch button for 3 secs, lights flash to confirm) but when I come back to that patch (D2 in this case) the pre-save factory patch is loaded. It looks like it’s impossible to overwrite the factory patches with a new version.

Or am I missing something?

I asked the same question a while back.
Solution here: New owner... 2 weird problems

1 Like

I wish I new this before running through Patches on a brand new out of the box Super Six yesterday. :exploding_head:

Its been a problem for awhile I see, Dealer and Importer had no clue what was happening. I literally almost blew the PA speakers and if I was wearing headphones would have killed my ears… its craZy that with volume all the way OFF it still screams so loud.
Thanks to this forum I have found the FIX.

JeZZZZZ UDO :flushed:at least put something in the box as a warning or get with Distributors/Dealers to tell them about this.

On a good note: The Super Six has been a joY of a instrument so far…

2 Likes