Super 12

Holy f*ck, this would be an INSTANT buy for me, for the exact same reasons @Zvuk lays out…it’s a market hole that pains me.

Are you talking about that the keybed on the keyboard version of Super 6 should have polyphonic aftertouch? Because I use polyphonic aftertouch with my Super 6 Desktop all the time via my Expressive E Osmose, and it works (and sounds) great :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

I’m not sure if this has been implemented on the super 6 yet, I’m not up to date. On a future super 6 or new UDO instrument there has to be a way to control the auto-panning. It’s the one thing that kept me from ever buying the super 6 even though I really, really wanted to. I want to use the super 6 for leads and bass too. Other nice to haves would be 61-keys I find the current amount limiting on any synth.

I’m sure many people understand what you mean by controlling the auto-panning, but could you enlighten me what this entails?

It’s just that afaik there’s no way to get a true mono signal. If you turn off binaural mode and you start playing single keys it plays left - right with each key press. There’s no way to turn this behavior off without gimmicky workarounds and even then it’s not 100% off. I could be wrong though. I don’t own the Super 6 but I want to, this is keeping me from buying it though which is why I’m hoping they’ll add a single button disabling this behavior in the future on a successor to the Super 6. I want to play fat mono leads with chorus enabled and not just beautiful binaural pads

Maybe some helpful info in this thread:

I would love to have a Super Synth with

• 61 keys with polyphonic aftertouch
  • a touch strip control (CS 80 style)
  • multi timbral / keyboard split (2x would do)

But most importantly: a real fix for the panning / phasing issues when not using binaural to be able to get some classic sounds when you need them.

1 Like

You can control panning with the LR-Phase. I think for most purposes, unplugging the right audio output does the trick. However, you can tell the synth wasn’t really designed with mono in mind. A button or setting that toggles between mono/stereo (like on the prophet x) would be cool.

1 Like

Exactly. A button that toggles mono/stereo would be perfect. I come from soft synths so I like the simplicity of having a swiss army synth instead of a synth for each use case. I’d love the Super 6 as my main synth or even my only synth. It does everything I want it to do except the mono thing.

1 Like

I swear I had no insider info about the Super Gemini when I wrote this :sweat_smile: https://synthanatomy.com/2023/05/superbooth-23-udo-audio-super-gemini-poly-binaural-hybrid-synth-with-poly-at.html

2 Likes

It’s a Super 10 though :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Can I poly chain the Super Gemini with my super 6 desktop ?